BBQ refers to the Barbeque grilling apparatus and the cooking method associated with it. Various types of heat, techniques and cooking durations are used to arrive at a taste. Barbequing is always done slowly over low-indirect-heat and the smoking process ensures the flavouring of the food.
Hotels and Restaurants use specially designed metal Owens or large bricks to cook BBQ. There are many regional variations of BBQ around the world. BBQ is generally prepared out-doors by smoking the meat on charcoal or wood. Smoking, Roasting and Braising are some of the common techniques employed in BBQ.
In the US, meat is cooked for long periods at low temperatures using smoke from wood-fire. This method is known as Pit BBQ and the cooking facility is known as BBQ Pit. Different flavours and types of BBQ Seasonings and Sauce are commonly consumed with the BBQ meat.
BBQ’s are normally arranged during popular occasions like Independence Day, Memorial Day and Labour Day.
Following are some of the different styles of BBQ in the US:
• Kansas City
• St. Louis
Following are some of the popular BBQ seasonings available in the US:
1. All American BBQ Seasoning: This contains Sea Salt, Paprika, Sugar, Black Pepper, Cumin, Chili Powder and Spices. You can usually find this in most of the BBQ Restaurants in the US. It has a distinct flavour and taste.
2. Cajun Blackening Seasoning:This contains Garlic, Paprika, Onion, Salt, Black Pepper, Cumin, Thyme, Spices and Cayenne Peppers. You can derive maximum enjoyment by using it as a dry rub for Steaks, Chicken, Seafood and other varieties of meat.
3. Caribbean Jerk Seasoning: This contains Garlic, Ginger, Black Pepper, Thyme Leaf, Cayenne Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, Cinnamon, Allspice, Sea Salt, Paprika, Sugar and Spices. This tastes best with Chicken and Seafood. You will enjoy the savoury blend of herbs and spices.
4. Caribbean Rum Seasoning: This contains Sea Salt, Onion, Cayenne Pepper, Sugar, Garlic, Oregano, Cumin, Annatto, Black Pepper and natural Rum Flavours. Sprinkle this on your Steak or Seafood and enjoy the taste.
Following are some of the popular Lime based BBQ seasonings available in the US:
1. Key lime Jerk Seasoning: This contains Sea Salt, Lemon Powder, Thyme Leaf, Sugar, Garlic, Black Pepper, Paprika, Crushed Red Pepper, Ginger, Cinnamon, Allspice,Spices, Cayenne Pepper, All Natural Lime and Spices. You will not be disappointed with this array of herbs and spices. This is a favourite choice for many people.
2. Key lime Seafood Seasoning: This contains Sea Salt, Onion,Black Pepper, Turmeric, Oregano,Thyme, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic, Natural Lime Flavour and Spices. This is a favourite seasoning for many people and it is excellent on Chicken, Veggies, Seafood and Meat.
3. Lemon Pepper with Garlic & Herb: This contains Garlic, Black Pepper, Onion, Turmeric, Basil, Parsley, Oregano, Spices, Sugar, Salt and All Natural Lemon flavour. You can use this natural herbal combination everyday with your breakfast, lunch and dinner.