If you enrolled in a Marketplace health insurance plan for 2015, you should have gotten tax Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement in the mail. If you have an online Marketplace account, it should be there too.
Check your 1095-A to make sure it’s correct
- Carefully read the instructions on the back, and make sure the information is accurate. If anything about your household or coverage is wrong, contact the Marketplace Call Center. They’ll send a corrected version. Don’t file your taxes until you get it.
- Think the “monthly enrollment premium” may be wrong? Read this before calling.
- If your “monthly second lowest cost silver plan (SLCSP) premium” (Part III, Column B) is “0” or blank for any month someone in your household had Marketplace coverage, it may be wrong. It may also be wrong if you didn’t report a change to your household — like having a baby or getting married. If your SLCSP premium is the only thing wrong, you don’t need to request a new form. You can just use our tax tool to get the right figure.
IMPORTANT Don’t file your taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A for 2015.
More information on 2015 Form 1095-A
- Get IRS Form 1095-A instructions for filing your taxes.
- Find out how to reconcile your premium tax credit using the form.
- Don’t have it? Find out how to find it online.
This article was found today)