Did you know that with a Marketplace health insurance plan preventive services — like shots and screening tests — are covered at no cost to you? These free preventive services can help you stay healthy and save you money in the long run.
Are you currently uninsured but want access to these benefits?
- You may be able to enroll in Marketplace coverage now if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- If you don’t, you can apply for 2017 coverage during the next Open Enrollment Period starting November 1, 2016.
Examples of covered preventive health services
Here are just some of the preventive benefits available to you and your family with Marketplace insurance:
For all adults:
- Screenings for blood pressure, diabetes, HIV, and certain cancers
- Colorectal cancer screenings (colonoscopies)
- See the full list of covered services for adults.
- Yearly well-woman visits
- Breastfeeding comprehensive support and counseling
- FDA-approved contraception methods
- See the full list of covered services for women.
- Regular check-ups
- Immunization vaccines, including the flu shot
- See the full list of covered services for children.
Note: These services are free only when delivered by a doctor or other provider in your plan’s network.
Get more information
Learn more about the advantages of having health insurance.
News from today)