According to recent polls, over 87% of all men experience mild to severe loss of penis sensation at some time; while many men believe that this is a natural sign of aging, the truth is that many men lose penile sensitivity while still in their teens. Because any loss of penis feeling can limit the amount of sexual pleasure a man can experience maintaining adequate sensitivity is an important issue for men of all ages.
For those guys who have concerns about loss of sensation in the penis, the following penis feeling exam can be carried out at home to determine whether treatment with a men’s health formula containing penis-specific vitamins and minerals which nourish and moisturize the delicate dermal tissue is needed to prevent diminished sensation and stimulate the repair of damaged, deadened cells which can cause a reduction in sensitivity.
At-home penis feeling exam
This test is best performed with the assistance of a partner; for the most accurate results, the penis should be erect during the exam.
Materials: A feather or similar soft object; an ice cube; a blindfold.
Procedure: Before beginning the exam, the assisting partner should be advised of the following steps; the individual being tested should not be told when the partner is about to perform each step. The subject should stand undressed, with legs slightly apart, eyes covered so that he cannot see what his partner is doing.
1. The partner should take the feather and run it up and down the shaft of the penis and over the head. A pleasant tickling sensation should occur. The subject should note whether he can detect this sensation or not at his partner’s prompting.
2. The partner should then grasp the penis gently and run his/her fingertips up and down the penis and over the head, in the same manner as with the feather, asking again if the sensation is felt.
3. Finally, the partner should repeat the same procedure with the ice cube.
If no sensation is felt on any part of the penis during this exam, some loss of sensitivity may be present.
Factors contributing to lost penis sensation
A number of factors may lead to diminished penis sensitivity, including the following:
• Use of binding, restrictive clothing – Tight clothing can limit circulation to the penis, as well as causing constant friction, which serves to deaden the nerve endings under the penis skin and create a callous-like layer of thickened dermal tissue. Unless proper measures are taken to rehydrate the skin and support the repair of damaged nerve and skin cells, this can eventually cause a significant reduction in sensation.
• Age – As men age, a slight reduction in sensitivity may occur; this may be prevented or alleviated by treating the penis skin with daily vitamins and minerals that are known to contribute to overall penis health.
• Weight – Being overweight or obese can lead to a large number of health problems. Conditions such as poor circulation, type 2 diabetes, and the pressure of excess body weight can diminish sensation in the penis. Losing weight through regular exercise and good nutrition, as well as providing the penis skin with the proper nourishment to stimulate circulation, nerve cell regeneration and skin cell growth, can help to maintain adequate sensitivity of the penis.
• Circumcision – Men who are circumcised regularly report less sensitivity than those who have their foreskin intact. To combat this issue, regular treatment with essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids that have been shown to contribute to penis sensitivity can help circumcised men to experience optimum sexual pleasure.
• Dry masturbation and aggressive intercourse – Dry rubbing or assertive sexual activity can desensitize the skin over time. Keeping the skin well-hydrated and boosting the body’s natural healing properties can help to maintain soft, supple and healthy skin that is responsive to stimulation, both through manual stroking or partner play.
Treatment for penis desensitization
A specialized penis health formula (most health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) which is applied directly to the delicate skin of the penis can provide the nourishment needed for a healthy member through the absorption of the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are necessary for optimum penis health. Treating the skin of the penis with rejuvenating ingredients such as vitamins A, B5, C, and E, as well as important amino acids needed for skin and nerve cell growth, can help men of all ages to continue to experience sexual pleasure.