Diabetic? Chronically sick? Don’t worry! With Marketplace health insurance, your plan covers treatment for any pre-existing medical condition you had when you enrolled in coverage.
- Now that you’re enrolled, your health plan can’t deny you coverage, raise your rates, or refuse to pay for essential health benefits, just because you have a chronic or pre-existing medical condition.
- Women also can’t be charged more than men. If you were pregnant before you applied, your insurance plan can’t reject you or charge you more because of your pregnancy.
What this benefit means for you
- Treatment for any pre-existing medical condition — like a disability, asthma, diabetes, or cancer — is covered from the day your coverage began. Pregnancy is covered from the day your plan starts too, even if you were pregnant before your coverage began.
- Marketplace plans can’t put annual or lifetime limits on your coverage.
Other benefits of having health insurance
- Visit our Coverage to Care Roadmap (PDF) for more information on finding a provider you can trust to treat your pre-existing condition. You may need to see more than one type of provider, like a specialist.
- Learn more about getting health insurance with a pre-existing condition.
- Take advantage of the other health benefits available to you with your Marketplace plan.
This is from today’s news)