If you have 2017 Marketplace health insurance, check out 4 ways to stay healthy and get the care you need:
Understand your health coverage
- The providers you can see and how much you pay out-of-pocket depend on which insurance plan you have.
- Get your plan’s “Summary of Benefits and Coverage” from your insurance company or through the link in the plan description in your Marketplace account, and use it to review your plan’s covered benefits, cost sharing rules, and coverage limits.
Find a doctor in your plan
- Most health plans give you the best deal on services when you see a doctor in the plan’s network.
- Learn the different ways to find a doctor who is in-network.
Learn about your prescription benefits
- Health plans will help pay the cost of certain prescription medicines.
- Find out which prescriptions your plan covers by visiting the insurance company’s website, calling them, reviewing the “Summary of Benefits and Coverage,” or reading materials that were mailed to you.
Take advantage of free preventive benefits
- All Marketplace health plans cover a set of preventive services at no cost to you, including some screenings, check-ups, patient counseling, and wellness services. You must use a provider in your plan’s network.
- Check out the full list of covered services.
If you’ve never had health insurance or have had a break in coverage, get more information about using your coverage and improving your health using our Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You (PDF).
This is from today’s news)