Do Not Eat the Peels of Five Kinds of Food

Many people think that there are a lot of nutrients in the peels of fruits and vegetables, so they tend to eat the peels of any fruits and vegetables. However, they rarely realize that the peels of some kinds of fruits and vegetables contain some harmful substances, which will easily lead to diseases or food poisoning. As a result, we should avoid eating the peels of these fruits and vegetables.

First, potato peel

Potato peel contains “glycoalkaloids”, which, when accumulate to a certain amount in the body, will lead to food poisoning. Because this is a kind of chronic poisoning, so the symptoms are not very obvious. As a result, it is often neglected by people.

Second, sweet potato peel

Sweet potato peel contains a large number of alkaline, so eating too much of it may cause gastrointestinal discomfort. If there are some brown and dark brown spots on the sweet potato peel, it indicates that the sweet potato has been infected by “alternaria brassicicola”, which can produce “sweet potato ketone” and “sweet potato ketol”. When these two substances enter into the human body, they will damage the liver and cause poisoning. Mild poisoning may cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. But if it is serious, it might lead to high fever, headache, asthma, seizures, coma and even death.

Third, persimmon peel

When the persimmon is unripe, the tannic acid is mainly contained in the pulp of persimmon; while when the persimmon is ripe, the tannin acid is concentrated in the peel of persimmon. After the tannic acid enters into human body, under the effect of stomach acid, it will have chemical reaction with the protein in the foods, and produce the sediment–persimmon stone, which may lead to many kinds of diseases.

Fourth, ginkgo peel

The peel of ginkgo contains some toxic substances, such as “ginkgolic acid”, “hydrogenated ginkgolic acid”, “ginkgo alcohol”, and so on. When these substances enter into human body, they will damage the central nervous system and cause poisoning. In addition, it is also inappropriate to eat too much cooked ginkgo pulp at one time.

Fifth, water chestnut peel

Water chestnut usually grows in the paddy field, so its peel can accumulate a lot of harmful and toxic wastes and chemical substances. What’s more, the water chestnut peel also contains a large number of parasites. If you eat the water chestnut peel which has not been cleaned, it may cause disease and bring great harms to your body.



Source by Lv Hongyu