Now that you have Marketplace health insurance, here are three things to remember before you visit your doctor:
Gather what you’ll need
- You may be asked to provide your insurance card, photo ID, completed forms they may have sent you before the appointment, and your copay, if you have one.
Know your health history
- So your doctor better understands your health and lifestyle, consider sharing your family health history and medical records, and any medications you’re taking.
- You may want to bring someone with you, like a friend or family member.
- Before the appointment, write down any questions or concerns you may have, so you don’t forget to ask.
- If you don’t understand what your doctor is saying, don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. They’re there to help!
- See if your doctor has any written materials you can take home and read, and if there’s a phone number you can call if you come up with questions later.
Get more information on preparing for your first doctor’s visit (PDF).
This is from today’s news)